Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Home for the Holidays

I'm a bit under the weather, still, and very busy on three different physics projects, so I'll just use this space to post a random smattering of pictures from Galveston when I was there.

C. megalodon jaws at the Moody Gardens Aquarium. I've decided to start collecting fossils, but more on this later...

Rastafarian penguin at Moody Gardens...

Me and Lefty, my erstwhile dog. He hates the cold, so he couldn't make the trip to Columbus...

Holiday Owl at Moody Gardens Festival of the Lights...

With my girlfriend, in front of the kissing fish...


My Sister's dog...

Another dog of my sister. This one is much older and more...er...dignified...


Over the holiday, I built a fire pit in my back yard. As you can see here, it's round and has a very impressive foundation. If you want advice on building a fire pit, I'd suggest the instructions here.

Me and Reggie, on New Year's Day. We (Bryanne and I) spent New Year's Eve with my good friend Miguel in Houston.

Doesn't it look like this snowman is making a crude gesture with his hand?

Anyway, I hope to soon post some great pictures of my drive back to California, including the painted desert/petrified forest, and a huge freaking impact crater in Arizona, complete with GPS coordinates!

No comments: